Friday, November 25, 2011

So much to be thankful for!!!

Well, we just finished up our first turkey day down under!  It turned out perfectly!  The food was amazing and I felt so blessed to be with great new friends during the holiday.  I know we all missed being with our families but being so far away from them, we still managed to make our Thanksgiving all about delicious traditional food, lots of wine, tons of laughter and I know we all left feeling extremely thankful for our amazing lives down under! :)

We did a pot luck style dinner, with everyone bringing a different Thanksgiving dish or two!  We had sooo much food and we all divvied up the leftovers-- which I'm excited to eat the rest of the week!  As I said in the last post, Brian and I cooked the turkey-- for awhile we were worried it was going to turn out like this...

But it didn't!  Although, the turkey "wasn't a looker" as Brian put it :)  Oh well, it was tasty-- plus it was our first try at cooking turkey so no one judged us!!

The feast consisted of..... Turkey, gravy, stuffing, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, carrots, cranberry sauce, cornbread, poached peaches and of course, pumpkin pie!!!  YUMMO

It was a really gorgeous evening (thank goodness, you never know around here!)  so we got to eat our dinner outside!  When we all sat down and had all of the aluminum foil covered food on the table we did a big unveiling by taking the foil off everything -it all looked beautiful!  None of us had even seen what the other food was under the shiny silver covers!  We then did a quick toast and dug in!

I don't think we left a drop of wine in any of the bottles which led to finishing the night up, quite late, with random crazy stories and watching funny you tube clips :)  Probably not a whole lot different to what we would have been doing in America haha

This was an amazing Thanksgiving and got me thinking about all that I am so very thankful for!

-- my wonderful husband who I adore and feel so lucky to be sharing this crazy life adventure with
-- my family, who I miss more than you can know! (both family in Texas and Kansas)
-- technology-- I seriously don't know what I would do without skype!
-- my friends both old and new-- you are all so special to me!
-- brody my sweet little puppy who brightens my day, everyday!
-- I am also thankful for the opportunity we are getting by living in such an amazing vibrant city in an beautiful part of the world
-- mine and my families health
-- and most importantly God who has blessed my life so much!

I hope YOU have as much to be thankful for and I hope everyone feels as much joy and happiness as I do right now!  Love you all!

my 2 sleepy boys :)

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!  GOBBLE GOBBLE

No comments:

Post a Comment