Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Birthday Boy's weekend of fun

This past weekend we celebrated Brian's 29th birthday!  It was a great, fun-filled couple of days so I thought I would share a few pictures.

On Friday, which was Brian's actual birthday, we decided to go out for some Italian food.  I made reservations to go to a restaurant in the city's Little Italy!  I figured the Italians would know how to make delicious Italian food and I was right!  It was great, the food was amazing and the wine was fantastic!  We also enjoyed seeing a different area in Melbourne because it was our first time going to "Little Italy".  Its funny because on the way home we drove from little italy through chinatown then through the city and then home! It's so diverse... now we just need to make a trip to the greek precinct, little saigon and little india just to get all the yummy food demographics :) Anyways, we kept it pretty low-key because we had big plans for the next evening!  I did however, make Brian a Bourbon bread pudding-- his favorite dessert-- It did not last long, maybe I should have made the entire recipe (which serves 8) if I want it to last longer than a 24 hour period.....

The next night my friend Lauren and I had a FIESTA for Brian and her husband, Tim's, birthdays (they are only a few days apart)!  It was a lot of fun and we had a great turn out!  I have been seriously CRAVING mexican food lately so we decided it would be fun to have a mexican fiesta for their party!  We made fajitas and had margaritas-- as well as, salsa, queso, avocado dip, bean dip and spanish rice!  Brian's one request was sombreros and moustaches..... so we of course, obliged...
Here are a few more pictures from the festivities!!!!!

aussie friends :)  for awhile trying to teach me how to "correctly" say the words NO and SO, I still don't understand how we can pronounce 2 measly letters so differently (nor can I say it the way they do... my aussie accent is awful!)

hostesses!!!
It's hard to smile with a moustache....
Brian's coworkers
tequila shots-- yuck!  Sorry we didn't have shot glasses so they are extra massive!
my moustache family :)
a fiesta is not complete without a pinata!!  (they are not that easy to find in australia either!!)
Brian looks like he is fishing...
He was feeling a little guilty for being the one to break it!  Haha
Blowing out the candles from the most delicious chocolate with peanut butter icing cupcakes!!
Birthday Boys!!
Dressed in his full mexican attire (like speedy gonzales)
The next morning/afternoon Brian and I went to the V8 Supercar series car races!  (Dont ask me any detail about what this mean or what kind of cars they were...)  We got the tickets for free for signing up for Norton antivirus :)  It was a really nice day (although maybe the loud noises, bright sun and cars whizzing round in circles was not the best idea after a night of margaritas)  I tried to get a few pictures but i kept missing them as the would go by (they are going freakishly fast!)  but I did manage to get a few!





My favorite part/ the scariest part was when they had a special show in between races of crazy motorcycle trick riders!  I think my heart stopped every time they did a move!!

AHH!  They have to be insane...

Anyways, It was a great weekend and Brian had an amazing birthday!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we are going over to Tim and Lauren's along with about 6 others for the festivities!  They have a large table on their back outdoor area and it is supposed to be a beautiful spring evening!  Since I am not working (and everyone else is) I will be cooking the turkey-- wish me luck (Brian should be home as well, so I think I will be fine!)  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment