Thursday, April 21, 2011

House Hunters!!!

So, I spent all day yesterday doing the preliminary house search!  We really lucked out and I got to see some amazing places to live.  It was really exciting getting to see the homes after months and months of looking at everything online.  After strolling around in the few areas we liked, we decided that we would be happiest in South Yarra, a suburb very close to downtown with great shopping, cafes, bars and parks with beautiful tree lined streets.
 I took this picture while having breakfast (yumm fruit toast is to die for) the other morning :)

Today Brian came with me to make the final decision after I narrowed it down to only 2 places.  So here's what we saw....

1.  An apartment near the Yarra River, close enough for Brian to bike to work (which he is strangely excited about!)  It is 2 bed/2 bath and has 2 parking spots.  It is new and modern with granite counter-tops (or benches as they like to call them here) and has a nice outdoor area for entertaining.   Its also a little less expensive.



2.  A 3 bed/2 bath house which is closer to shops, the supermarket, cafes, park etc.  It is quite a bit bigger with much more closet and storage place.  It is older but feels very homey-- much like what were used to!  It has a great open floorplan which would be great for entertaining and beautiful wood floors and slate tile in the kitchen.



Soooo now its time to decide!!!  We'll let you know which it is after our Easter holiday!!!  (your on pins and needles, I know haha)

4 comments:

  1. love the blog! good job. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite show is House Hunters International and this is a little like that - If I had to guess I would say you picked the house, but both are really great looking! Hope you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just LOVE IT!!!! Both options look great!!!! Miss you already and can't wait to keep reading more about your Aussie adventures! I hope y'all are adjusting well! XOXO

    ReplyDelete