Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I miss you!

As many people know, I have had to head to Houston earlier than planned, to attend the funeral of my Grandmother, Edith Grantham.

She was such a special lady, who I already miss so much.  Her funeral was beautiful and since we all know she is happily in heaven now, the remainder of the service was a letter to her family asking that they make sure they are there with her some day.  Evangelizing from the grave :)  Oh, I will definitely miss her encouraging us in that way.

She was so funny, either with smiling, singing or saying something which seemed so ridiculously blunt or out of date that it made us all laugh!  She is also probably editing this blog from heaven, never stopping her English teacher ways.  (Even when I would tell Brody to "lay down" and he wouldn't she said it is probably because he knows he is supposed to "lie down" -- as if Brody knows proper grammar haha)

Anyways, I am just already missing her so much but I really do feel so blessed to have spent so much time with her.  I just looked through some old family pictures and I realized I have photos with her from every stage of life- at every age and at every event.  I will miss her as an additional constant supportive figure in my life.  But now that I think about it, I guess I have not lost that.  She is now just my constant angel watching over me.... and that makes me happy!

I love you Grandmother!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great picture! Your Grandmother sounds like an amzingly funny, inspiring person! I know she passed along many of her wonderful qualities to you. We'll be praying for you and your family! Hope to see you soon.

    --Bryn and TJ

    ReplyDelete