Wednesday, October 12, 2011

time flies when your having fun :)

HI!!!  I haven't been too good about updating so Ill put up a few pics of the past few weekends!
The most exciting news of lately is that Brian and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary!  WOW- I seriously cant believe how fast this year has gone by!  We have had the best first year together!  Our lives are so full of love and excitement and adventure!  I can not imagine being so far away without being here with my love, my best friend and my family-- all rolled into one person :)  I am so blessed!  I love you, Brian!


But enough of that mushy stuff haha  I will go ahead and catch you guys up on what we have been doing.  A few weeks ago we went for a drive in our new car-- did I mention we got a new car?!  Yes.  We sure did!  It is a fun little convertible for our summer beach trips :)  We have had it since August but haven't been able to take it out yet because, of course, it was having a few problems.  First, it died after about one week so we had to get a new battery.  Then, as we are heading out on our first little road trip- we got a flat tire!!!  So Brian had to get out on the highway to put on the spare then we had to get 4 new tires.  Ugh, two expensive fixes and NO actually driving (well, maybe five minutes but who's counting!)  So when the weather got nice we decided to take her out for a little drive along the coast.  It was very nice and we both think we are going to love having a convertible!  Here are a few pics from our drive!


Brighton beach bathing boxes














The next few weekends we stayed busy working on the house (getting more storage space for all of our things) and the yard.  It is finally springtime here and we really wanted to plant a few veggies and herbs.  Plus, we wanted our yard to look pretty!!  While I was out in the yard one day I kept hearing this annoying squawking noises (not pretty chirping) so I looked up and there was about 10 PARROTS in the tree right above me!!  It was so crazy and amazing!  I tired to take some pictures but it was hard since it was so bright!















Now, I feel like I get to see parrots out and about all the time!  I am loving it, I feel like I'm in a tropical location haha!  

We also took some time out to go and watch the GRAND FINAL!  AKA the superbowl of australian football or Footy.  It was crazy and we all had way too much fun at a bar right down the road from where they were playing the game.  GO CATS?!?! haha

This past weekend we celebrated our actual anniversary.  The day started out by listening to KState win in football then we finished up the patio we had been working on (I'm not sure why we don't just relax-- Brian is in love with renovation type projects I think!)  Afterward we went to a park where they were having a little neighborhood festival for springtime.  Then we went to a delicious dinner that evening!  (we went to Pure South-- thanks for the recommendation Richard and the Zahn family!!  We miss you guys!)  All in all a great anniversary!!  I cant believe I am lucky enough to celebrate even more in Thailand next week!!  YAY!  We are going to Phi Phi Island (pronounced PEE PEE-- weird) near Phuket!  I will take lots of pictures and definitely write all about it when we get back!


In more anniversary news-- Today is our 6 month in Australia anniversary AHH!!  After half a year I feel like we are feeling very settled and happy!  We actually know our way around with public transport, can understand the australian accent and lingo, can follow a footy game, can order coffee and even sometimes meet up with people for a "cuppa" (coffee or tea), we can jaywalk with the best of them and we will soon have people over for our first barbie :)  

We are also, more than ready for visitors!  LOVE YOU ALL!

1 comment:

  1. Susan Peltier
    Enjoyed the update! curious as to the signifigance of the rootbeer in the anniversary pic and what is in the bowl behind the book you made (which looks really cute btw!)?
    The last paragraph about the australian lingo, etc made me so anxious to come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete