Thursday, July 14, 2011

Skiing in July :)

Hi Everyone!  We just got back from a super fun weekend ski trip!  It was so nice to be able to drive there and back because it was just so hassle free!  No flights, delays, extra costs -- so easy!

We got there pretty late on Thursday night but had already rented our ski equipment beforehand so we would be able to get started early the next morning  (we were only going to be skiing 2 days)!  We did find it a little strange, though, that there was NO snow until we were maybe 3 miles to the hotel, and when we did first see it, it was just small patches of it!  So, we were really relieved when we pulled up to a snow covered mountain village!

The weather was really nice the first morning and were able to take a few pics but after that the mountain was covered with a cloud (we were literally inside a snow cloud!-- the picture is before that cloud took over the mountain)  which made it a little trickier to ski.  We could only see a few feet in front of us!  We still had an amazing time :)  We had lunch everyday in the hotel -- thats the nice thing about ski in ski out.
I was not as good of a skier as I remember but I guess Im a bit older now and more scared of falling-- which i think made me fall even more!  I'm blaming it on the thick patches of fresh powder!

I got a video of Brian-- He spent probably 2 hours shoveling snow off our balcony so he could ski right off to the ski lift at the bottom.... needless to say his efforts did not pay off (until sledding later!!!)


We had the best time and still don't know why we have never gone skiing together before!!  I guess we wanted to save it for Australia!

3 comments:

  1. Susan said...
    Again, great pictures. What a fun adventure. I remember you being an excellant skiier, so smooth and easy. Guess that is what happens when you 1) let years go by without skiing and 2) see your mother crash and burn on the slopes resulting in a badly broken leg! Sorry!!
    Looks like an awesome trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,

    Finally found your blog...and I enjoyed it so much. I'm so jealous! It is absolutely gorgeous there. I laughed so much about the chili & queso!! We take things for granted, don't we? Have fun sweetie! Love you! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin,

    Finally found your blog...and I enjoyed it so much. I'm so jealous! It is absolutely gorgeous there. I laughed so much about the chili & queso!! We take things for granted, don't we? Have fun sweetie! Love you! Jan

    ReplyDelete